Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Your Decision Change My life


 
This stunning novel begins on a winter night in 1964, when a blizzard forces Dr. David Henry to deliver his own twins. His son, Paul born first, is perfectly healthy, but the doctor immediately recognizes that his daughter, Phoebe has Down syndrome. For motivates he tells himself are good, he makes a split- second decision that will haunt all their lives forever. He asks his nurse, Caroline to take the baby away to an institution and explain that the death of his sister nearly destroyed their mother and he doesn't want Norah to go through that. Instead, she dissapears into another city to raise the child as her own.


This is a novel I  bought recently.
It quite interesting and it was fun to imagine myself as the characters.
This was a fairly emotional read, and I found myself sympathising with the characters at some points, and hating them at others. 
It's called The Memory Keeper's Daughter because David takes up photography and becomes obsessed with the process. Diving into his hobby, which ultimately brings notoriety to him, he is able to take his mind off his secret, and yet at the same time, focus on the life his lost daughter leads away from him. Photography/snapshots/captured moments are the metaphor for this family and this beautifully written story. (Michele, 2008)
David's makes a split - second decision to send the baby girl away but he was trapped by the silence and awkwardness in his entire life.
Sometimes I find myself thinking what would I do if this happened to me?
Unfortunately, I was stuck in the middle part but I will continue read it once I'm free.


This novel was published in 2006 and a movie was filmed in 2008. 
I was excited when I know this!!
I still prefer movie than books but anyway, I still love books.

 

Due to the modern era, I think most of the people not really want to get books anymore but it cannot be denied that a lot of the movie came from novel.
Some writer wrote a book, after that only publish it as a movie.
Twilight and Harry Potter is one of the good example.

 If you think reading is boring, you're doing it wrong.
Spend some time with books! You will enjoy it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment