Friday, November 30, 2012

Behind the story

Most Malaysian will know about our darkest history after independence on May 13, 1969, the racial violence that claim hundreds of casualties.
Officially, 196 people were killed between 13 May and 31 July 1969, as a result of the riots, although journalists and other observers have stated much higher figures.
Why 513 tragedy will happen? Whose fault? Who can I blame?

" Don't blame the Chinese. Don't blame the Malays. Don't blame the Indians either. Blame all three; the Malays, Chinese and Indians. All are to be faulted. All must be blamed. And blame the gangs and secret societies for enforcing this segregation and territorial wars. And blame the government for losing control of the streets to the gangs and secret societies."- Raja Petra Kamaruddin

Why does time go so slow when you're sad and so fast when you're happy?


20 May, 1969. The day should be my memorable day in my life. I want to be a beautiful bride, live forever with my lovely hubby. We build our own family, with our child, spend the time with families.
But it just a dream, an unrealizable dream. The 513 tragedy destroy my dream.

Although we are not same race but it doesn't become a problem between us. Most of the time we speak in Malay and English, sometimes he also speak Chinese but his slang always make me laugh.

May 13, 9pm. I receive a bad news said that Zul and few of his friends have been killed on the way back home.I was shocked and faint.
I never talk anything since the tragedy happened and it has been maintain for few months until the day, everyone realize that I'm gone.
I wrote a letter and put in on my bed.

My love, you never know how much I love you. I can't describe my feeling when I lost you forever. My mind was blank. I'm mad and try to blame someone who causes your death, but I know it is nonsense. Sometimes I wish I could forget anything happen here, and then I'm still the one who lives happily. Dear, I miss you so much. How could you leave me alone? We are going to have a wedding soon but now.... I'm alone. I'm sorry dear. I'm not enough brave to see you for the last time. I was afraid to attend your funeral. You won't blame me right? I know it because you love me. Goodbye my love...
I'm leaving now. I want go to a place which is nobody knows me. Sorry papa mama.I can't comply the basic requirement as a daughters. Please take care of yourself. I will be back and I love you...Sorry for everything and forgive me for leaving without any words.
---- Your lovely daughter

I will never forget you but I have to let you go.





No comments:

Post a Comment